#1 User is offline   Geezr Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Tenderfoot
  • Interests:art
  • Time Zone:GMT-5
  • EAO Team Joined:High Stakes

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

A while back I was hopeful that Microsoft had finally seen the error of their ways. Windows 10 was coming. There were statements that "it's the windows you know only better. Do familiar things. It's faster. It's more secure. Free upgrade to windows 10."

About an month ago I got a good look at the start menu. I had to enlarge a photo to really see it. UFF! It's the windows 7 start menu. Have I mentioned I hate windows 7?

Turns out 10 is a combination of 7 and 8. Sooo disappointing. Sorry Microsoft I don't have another lifetime trying to customize another OS.

On 6/22 Microsoft updated it's blog and told us who really gets windows 10 free.

Could this OS be an even bigger nightmare than Vista?

When I saw the start menu I thought what they said about better security. OMG! I imagine this as being an enhanced version of 7's mother may I combined with a combination of Norton and McAfee. "Please uncle Norton, allow me to connect to the peer to peer connection at the IPLounge. Please."

If I do outlive my XP, I will certainly be going Apple's way.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   EAO_Lix Icon

• Site Admin
  • Icon
  • Group: Outlaw

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

I have been a beta tester for about 6 months now.
at first it was not bad. seriously it wasnt. yes teh start menu is like seven but you can click it again and it will give you the windows 8 home menu.
driver support was quicker. and the icons and "look" was all upgraded. now that was 3 or 4 builds ago.
over time it has just got worse. the latest build has problems with my wireless card magically droping untill i reboot. :madhell: and the start menu is just all jacked up. the power feature is all hidden once again.

the people who will get windows free are>
legit windows 7 , 8 and 8.1 owners
and people who test windows 10.

if you have the pop up for "windows not genuine" it will conturine when you upgrade to windows 10.

the funny part is they want this to be the last OS. They are also trying to get away from patch tuesday and stream line updates as they are produced.

long story short, windows 10 started promising. but as it gets developed i more and more what to down grade. :blebleble:
Posted Image

------------------------------
Do or Do not, There is no Try
-Yoda

#3 User is offline   Geezr Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Tenderfoot
  • Interests:art

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:01 PM

The nuance here is that Microsoft will keep fresh copies of Windows 10 activated for testers only if they keep opting-in to future preview updates. So if you’ve clean installed a Windows 10 preview build and upgrade to the final then you don’t have to worry about activation as long as you keep receiving pre-release updates. "Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program," explains Microsoft’s Gabe Aul.

This post has been edited by Geezr: 23 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic