#1 User is offline   Geezr Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Group: Tenderfoot
  • Interests:art
  • Time Zone:GMT-5
  • EAO Team Joined:High Stakes

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:36 PM

I understand that windows 7 will now get security updates for several more years. I disabled updates for my 7 when I heard they were forcing moving everyone to 10. I had just installed a new hard drive in my 7. Don't think it could handle 10 and did not want to risk losing my 7. So, now I may want to install security updates to my 7 but wonder if those old updates would still try to force windows 10 on me. Have the old security updates been amended to exclude that feature in them?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Ducky Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Time Zone:GMT+2
  • EAO Team Joined:Hot Pursuit 2

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

I installed a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate at the end of the June and did all Windows 7 updates a month ago. Everything seemed fine after I fixed the bug with updates that did not download or install any updates on Windows 7.
I had about 43 updates and none of them were Windows 10, maybe Microsoft has stopped forcing Win10 for a while. After updating I turned Windows updates off so it does not do anything fishy without my permission.

#3 User is offline   Geezr Icon

• Rookie
  • Icon
  • Interests:art
  • Time Zone:GMT-5
  • EAO Team Joined:High Stakes

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostDucky, on 29 August 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

I installed a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate at the end of the June and did all Windows 7 updates a month ago. Everything seemed fine after I fixed the bug with updates that did not download or install any updates on Windows 7.
I had about 43 updates and none of them were Windows 10, maybe Microsoft has stopped forcing Win10 for a while. After updating I turned Windows updates off so it does not do anything fishy without my permission.

Thanks Ducky, good first hand information.
Posted Image

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic